With just 100 Naira, you can browse unlimitedly with your PC for 24 hours via MTN BIS which works with simple server. This has been working since last year and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon. This is a useful tweak for heavy downloaders as the 1-day BIS plan @ #100 has an unlimited data cap. So you can download as much as you want.
- A Modem (Either MTN or other Unlocked ones)
- A PC
- Mozilla Firefox (works with other browsers too, its just easy to set up with Mozilla)
- MTN SIM with active BIS
Download Latest Simple Server 2015 (Just wait for 5 seconds and skip the Ad)
- Subscribe to MTN 1-Day BIS plan for N100 by sending “BBCDAY” “BBMIDID” to 21600
- Set your modem up using MTN default settings (i.e APN = web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net )
- Extract the downloaded “ss.zip” file to your desktop
- Run the SimpleServer.exe file and leave open
- Open Firefox, Go to Options >> Advanced >> Network >> Settings . Click use Manual Proxy settings.
- Enter 127.0.0.1 as proxy and 8080 as port number. Tick use proxy server for all protocols.
- Connect your Modem and start surfing unlimitedly for the next 24 hours.
You can also use other apps with simple server, Just change the proxy to 127.0.0.1 and port to 8080.
For Internet download Manager (IDM) : Go to Options > Proxy and Socks > Tick Use proxy and enter 127.0.0.1 for proxy and 8080 as port and click save.
You can do the same for Google chrome under settings > Advanced > Use Proxy
For Windows 8.1 users, you can automatically set up your system to use Simple Server so as to enable you use Windows update and other Metro Apps. It even allows you to update your antivirus. To do this Open the Charms bar (Drag your mouse to the right hand corner of your screen OR press the Start/Windows button + C on your keyboard) > Click Settings > Change PC Settings > Network > Proxy > Use Manual proxy and Enter the corresponding proxy and port. (Check the image below)
Just click save and watch wonders.
Got questions or need help? Drop a comment below!
Please share this post with your friends!!